Friday, April 16, 2010

Day Three - Silent Rehearsal

I chose to go silent for a day.  Actually it chose me.  Just when I sat to write after rehearsal for Abigail, the Rock Opera and then stopping by to peak in on a few friends's fundraiser for Diabetes called Sugar Rush, my computer decided to do its update shut down thing.  So I paused, silently. Simultaneously my Blackberry phone was doing its blank to white screen thing.  Another gift of silence. So I giggled and instead started reading The Blue Sweater by Jacqueline Novegratz.  It would definitely have been a later night, but I chose to take the silent cues in ode to those I Iove who might rather not want to hear a keyboard, tip, tip, tapping late at night.  Off computer and off phone is equivalent to a silent rehearsal giving an opportunity to let the music in my mind be heard or written down.

This Sunday the band and I rehearse for The MS Society walk Sunday, April 25th at Crissy Field.  Can't wait to sing and play in the outdoors with a view of the Gold Gete Bridge.

Blessings :-)
NKECHI LIVE!

Astral Soul Songstress/Visionary
Alternative Singer/Songwriter

No comments:

Post a Comment