Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day Two - Going with the Flow

Long Day.  Sort of.  Just about right and mostly quiet. Felt long mostly because of what I thought I'd be doing versus what I did get to do.  What I didn't get to do was make it on to Facebook. What I did do today was listen, listen in, listen to my body .. and go with the flow.

"So you're going with the flow?" said the lady at the gym as she and I chat about how rewarding it is to perform in the community of a choir.  She described a picture of a log in a river and that while the river is finding a way around the log it digs deeper first.  Aha, that was it.  Lately my Spirit has been searching deeper for its true purpose, again, and the same as every other artist I know.  The quiet that descended on me seemed to be charting new territory and the word deeper made sense.  I was so excited by her spontaneous offering that I asked if I could pray with her.  I seem to have this habit of praying to call down Heaven at the seemingly most obscure times.  So I prayed with her and Miracles started to happen.


Walked in to the lobby and lo and behold, there was CNN doing a special report on the science of prayer.  Aha!  And talking about a book titled How God Changes your Brain.


All I could think was, "Didn't He make my brain?'


By this time I was reminded that my day was no longer my own.  I became a willing participant to His flow and Divine timing.  At that moment I saw a few people I hadn't seen since who knows when.  Got to catch up with one gal face to face and invite her to our mass choir performance at Glad Tidings Church this weekend April 17th and April 18th. Our catch up chat was so extended I completely missed getting online for my usuals.

Meanwhile, I did get a lot done.  I listened to my body.  Nurtured my allergies and enjoyed the hot towels on my back.  I confirmed a piano/guitar/songwriting lesson for this weekend.  Was of service to a friend.  And later rallied in support of another friends gig at No Name in Sausalito.

Took me a minute to remember that going with the flow is the only kind of online that really makes sense these days.  Going with the Flow and Listening in is Being Online!

Blessings :-)
NKECHI LIVE!

Astral Soul Songstress/Visionary
Alternative Singer/Songwriter

No comments:

Post a Comment